Comic Artists / Writers
Did you know that everyday across the UK, 12 children and young people are given the devastating diagnosis of cancer. It’s a shocking figure but thankfully CLIC Sargent is their to help those families limit the damage cancer causes beyond their health.
CLIC Sargent is the UK’s only cancer charity for young people aged 0 to 24. We are a national charity working at a local level. We provide specialist support to help and guide each young cancer patient and their family, offering a wide range of support including:
· Emotional support from the moment the doctor says cancer from our care teams · Allowing families to maintain a normal home life by coordinating clinical care so that treatment can be given at home wherever possible
· Helping children and young people to maintain their education, employment and health
· Arranging financial support and giving grants to help with the extra costs of cancer
· Providing free accommodation at our Homes from Home near hospitals so families avoid travel and stay together
· Offering end of life support when a child dies
Within the last year, CLIC Sargent supported 66 children and young people from Bedfordshire. The only way we can continue to support these families is with your help.